Sunday, March 29, 2009

Night on the Town

Friday marked another first for Lydia: her first dinner at a restaurant. Robin came home from a workshop at the Ladybird Johnson Wildflower Center and suggested we attempt eating out. I was not sure about the idea, but we were both tired, so I folded. After Lydia ate, we got ready and left as quickly as possible. We went to Kerbey Lane, one of our Austin favorites. (I had been thinking about their sweet potato fries since the last time I was there with my parents a couple days before Lydia was born.)

Dinner was a success! Lydia slept in her carseat the whole time, and Robin and I wolfed down our fries and dinners before she had a chance to wake up. It may not have been the most leisurely meal we have had, but I have a feeling any leisurely meals we have in the next five years or so will involve a babysitter. It felt good to know that eating at a restaurant is an option.

Here is Lydia looking extremely interested in sweet potato fries, and here I am, showing the wear and tear of my first week (mostly) alone with the baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment