Thursday, April 1, 2010

Chad and Vanessa!!


Robin and I have been blessed with lots of visitors during the past month. Our month of company came to an end this weekend with Chad and Vanessa, who flew down from St. Paul. It was so much fun to show them our house, watch them play with Lydia, and introduce them to Austin. Even better, it was so much fun to spend time with people that I have known for a really long time. Chad's mother (Hi Lynn!) took care of my brother and me every school day of our elementary school years, with the exception of my sixth grade year. When she would come to our house, she brought Chad and Mitchell with her, and over the years, they became like siblings to my brother and me. Chad and I went to the same college, lived in the same dorm, and even were Orientation Leaders together at the U of M. I knew Vanessa in high school and in college through Youth Performing Arts(!) and the Appalachian Service Project, and while we were talking during their visit, I also remembered that we went to preschool together.

It was so wonderful to share our city with two people that I share so much history with. As we continue to build our history in Austin, I felt so fortunate to be able to spend time with people that have been such an integral part of my life. Thanks Chad and Vanessa for making it such a priority to visit us!!! We had a really fantastic time and hope you did, too!

Anxiously awaiting the Hot and Crunchy Cones.
Anxiously awaiting brisket and ribs.
Smiling through the hunger.

No comments:

Post a Comment