Sunday, April 11, 2010

Loss

In the midst of some wonderful events, our family has learned of a significant loss. On Friday evening, a longtime family friend passed away after a valiant, amazing fight with lung cancer. Diagnosed with inoperable Stage Four cancer in December 2008, Paul passed away Friday evening, beating significant odds in terms of how long he battled the disease and impressed everyone with what he was still able to do until the relatively recent past. While we are relieved that Paul's pain is over, it is difficult to understand why terrible circumstances are dealt to wonderful people like him. His absence will be profound for many, including my parents, and Lydia and I will be traveling to Forest Lake for his funeral this week. As I said, I have some important happy things to blog about, I ask for your patience with me in blogging, as well as for your thoughts and prayers for Paul's loved ones during this difficult time.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss, Laurie. Please let us know if we can do anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you guys. Cancer sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck tomorrow morning. I'll be sending lots of positive vibes your way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laurie,

    Dad and I just wanted you to know how grateful we were that you were with us on Wednesday. We also wanted you to know how much you and Markus added to Paul's service. So many have commented on your talents and the family received so many compliments on the music. They were very grateful for your presence. Seeing Lydia was a real blessing for us.

    Love you...Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete