Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Gratitude


Lately, I have had a really hard time going to work. During the past few weeks, Lydia's personality has really begun to emerge, and she's so much more interactive than even one month ago. It has become harder and harder for me to drop her off at daycare and even more difficult for me to leave her at home with Robin on the days he is with her. (Picture to the right is what I have to leave behind on Tuesdays and Thursdays. At least on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, she is dressed and at daycare, so it feels more like dropping her off at school.)

As stress at school starts to build with the upcoming TAKS, it is just so hard to leave my happy little family at home. Robin has started taking Lydia on little outings during the week; I think we are going to get a family membership to the Austin Children's Museum, and he has found a great website of child-friendly activities around Austin. On Tuesday they went to a local park and had a picnic and went for a hike; tomorrow they might go to a museum. I just wish I could be with them.

So why is the title of this gratitude? Because as I've been thinking about this lately, I've realized that I am incredibly fortunate to absolutely love being at home. I crave time with Robin and Lydia, and I love just being together. All of these things--a healthy, happy little girl, an amazingly supportive partner, wonderful friends--all of these things are privileges, and I am very grateful.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this post, Laurie. I also have a hard time tearing myself away from my little family every morning. I hate missing out on all of the adventures that Brian and Oliver are having so I needed your reminder of how lucky and grateful I am.

    ReplyDelete