Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Travelin' Gal

Tomorrow Lydia and Robin leave for Madison. I will meet up with them on Thursday in Chicago, where we will stay until Sunday. This marks two big firsts: Lydia's first plane ride and my first night away from her. As I mentioned in a previous post, I am nervous about the breastmilk issue, and setting aside the ounces for her while I'm gone has made me a little sick to my stomach, but I'm confident that it will all be okay. I will also admit that the thought of getting just myself ready in a quiet house, going to yoga, and having some time to myself tomorrow night makes me giddy. I don't remember the last time I had more than two hours to myself. Seriously.

While we are gone, Lydia will spend time with her Ganser grandparents, meet her Aunt Elise, hang out in Chicago with her Godparents, and spend an evening with Grandma Jeanette and some of her Laqua great-aunts. It should be a fun time!

For those interested, we used this article as our guide to packing.

No comments:

Post a Comment