Saturday, January 1, 2011

Laundry List

It has been far too long since I blogged regularly. One of My New Year's resolutions is to get back to blogging regularly. Some big things are off of my to-do list, so I think it should be easy to get back into it.

In the meantime, what has Lydia been up to?

Playing more and more creatively. She scored big time at Christmas and is becoming more and more independent with her play. For example, right now she's playing with her Duplo animals while I blog. Crazy!

Showing some interest in the potty. She had one awesome week during which she actually used the potty three times, but her interest has fallen off since then. We're not pushing the process at all but are excited about this indicator that we will not be changing her diapers forever.

Stringing words together! Her vocabulary is growing quickly, though she still does a lot of "Lydia speak," words that only those who are around her frequently can understand. However, two or three word phrases have become frequent, and yesterday, she started saying, "Ummmmmm, no" or "Ummmmmm, yes" when asked a question.

Per my New Year's resolution, I will have more posts about our travels and more regular updates about the goings-on in our house, but until then, Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment