Monday, October 29, 2012

Living Out of Boxes

Our lives are mostly in boxes and the internet hasn't yet joined us in our new hood, so I'm going to do a quick update from a coffee shop between finishing up a homework assignment and heading home to crash.

Sidenote: Yes, I said homework. The course requirements to make my licensure in Minnesota full has been an experience that warrants a separate post. Someday when I'm not blogging about the incoming infant or our spirited toddler, I'll write about it.

The move has gone as smoothly as expected. We love our new place and know that once we're settled, it will be wonderful. Lyds loves her new purple bedroom.

In the meantime, we've been taking little jaunts--today for the purpose of getting our lone set of keys from Robin at his office downtown. In an effort to kill time, we landed at the Minneapolis Central Library, which I love. A Dunn Bros. in the library? You had me at hello. Lyds loved the Children's section and made a new friend named Breya.


I enjoyed a weekend with my college roommates, Anna and Elise. Past weekends have been held in Chicago, Austin, and New York, but this one found us on Bonner Lake in Wisconsin at Anna's family's cabin. A weekend of conversation, good food, and one really bad movie was exactly what we needed. I'm so thankful that over a decade after meeting in Middlebrook Hall, these lovely ladies are such a staple in my life!

Baby G2 hits the 24 week mark tomorrow. Where has the time gone? Our list of to-dos and to-buys is slowly growing, and I'm eager to get going on the nursery. Pinterest wasn't a thing when Lydia was born, and I'm pretty excited to put this room together with some Pinspiration. I'll put up the obligatory belly photo. I've been diligent about taking them on the 4-week mark, something I didn't do with Lyds.

This weekend brings Mike, Brittany, and Harrison to Minneapolis for the first time since Lydia's baptism. We're excited to see them! The following weekend will bring Robin to LaCrosse for a Mancation. Good things ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment