Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Due Date Stats and Weight Gain

Today is Holden's due date! I really assumed I would still be pregnant at this point, but here we are with a five-day old!

My milk is definitely in. Quite in. We're figuring the nursing thing out, though I'm experiencing some pain, especially on my right side. If it doesn't improve in the next day, I'm pretty sure I'll head to a lactation consultant, just to avoid further trouble. Lydia lost well over the healthy range and we almost had to supplement with formula, so I've been much more aware this time, and to make sure that we were headed in the right direction, we took him to the free weigh-in at Blooma today.

So far, Holden's weight stats:

At birth: 9 lbs. 8 ozs.
At hospital discharge: 9 lbs. 0.5 ozs.
At newborn assessment (4 days old): 8 lbs. 14.5 ozs (Still well within the healthy weight-loss range.)
At Blooma weigh-in on due date (5 days old): 9 lbs., 1.5 oz. (We're headed upward!)

No comments:

Post a Comment