Monday, February 4, 2013

Namaste


We decided to take this session off of Lydia's gymnastics for several reasons. 1.) Between my classes and some obedience classes for Stanley, two of our five evenings are already booked and 2.) we weren't sure how to manage the classes around the baby's arrival and thought that picking back up after his grand entrance might be a fun thing for Lydia--something just for her. The lack of physical outlet has been noticeable in her behavior, so a couple weeks ago, I decided to take her to Kids' Yoga at Blooma, the yoga studio where I've been taking prenatal classes. The class is for kids ages four through eight, but I talked to the instructor and we decided that since it was the only yoga option for Lydia and she turns four in less than two months, we'd give it a try. It is definitely an older class; parents do not sit in and are "allowed" to leave if we want. (I have taken to getting a coffee and reading in the lobby.)

Lydia seems to really like it. She comes home and shows us new poses every week, and today after class, she put her hands on my face and said, "Namaste." I realize that sending my three-year-old to yoga puts me in a whole new echelon of yuppie mom, but seriously--Kids' Yoga is pretty cool.



No comments:

Post a Comment