Saturday, May 16, 2009

30 Hours

Robin has returned from Las Vegas and had a good trip with his dad. It's always nice when he gets to do work-related things with his dad because it gives him a chance to talk with someone about things that I'm not so good at 1.) understanding and 2.) carrying on a conversation about. 

As I said, Brittany was here, but left yesterday. She was a huge help; when she left on Friday, I realized that I had more energy than I had had in a long time. Because Robin's been working, Lydia and I spend a lot of time together during the day, and while I obviously love Lydia, she can be pretty exhausting. Having a second pair of hands to help with the house and Lydia and a person around to keep me company was invaluable. Thanks Britt!

After Brittany left, there were 30 hrs. before Robin's flight was scheduled to arrive. After last weekend and living in the vomitorium, the poop strike of the previous week, and a few rough nights Lydia had this week, I was really nervous about how these 30 hrs. would go. While I had thought of all the things that could go wrong with Lydia, I failed to think about other factors, and of course, Stanley got into something that made him sick. His energy level and appetite are fine, so I'm not too concerned. That is the thing about life here, though. We're doing a pretty good job with Lydia and adjusting to life with her, it's just hard to manage other things that don't go as planned.

Now that all is said and done, I think I did pretty well. Elizabeth, Brian, and Oliver came over today with lunch and kept me company for a couple hours, which made the day go by a lot faster and kept me in good spirits. (30 hours would have been a long time to go without any adult contact.) Lydia slept well, so I felt relatively rested. (I am insanely jealous of the uninterrupted nights of sleep Robin got while he was in Vegas.) And I have taken care of Lydia (almost) by myself for a full 30 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment