Wednesday, May 6, 2009

My Life Revolves Around

poop. I never understood this before--the whole thing about new parents only talking about their babies' bowel movements. Now I understand.

Lydia has not pooped on her own since Sunday. I will not go into detail as to what "on her own" indicates, though I'm sure some of you can figure it out. This means that Monday was  spent with her crying, grunting, making some pained faces for the vast majority of the day. She never went more than 20 or 30 minutes without crying. Tuesday was a good day. Today resembled Monday, but not quite as bad. 

So here I sit, thinking about poop. Hoping that we will change a diaper and it will be dirty, not wet. Yes, we have called the pediatrician. She said that this sometimes happens, that babies' digestive systems take time to coordinate themselves, and she outlined things that would be cause for concern, none of which apply to Lydia. We have her two-month (yes, two months!!!) wellness check on Friday, so hopefully, this will be resolved by then or the doctor will give us some suggestions as to how we can remedy the situation without literally manipulating Lydia's system. 

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear she's still having problems. I, too, am amazed at how much of my time is taken up thinking/talking about poop. I mistakenly thought that wouldn't happen to me. Wrong wrong wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor thing! (that's for you)

    Poor thing! (that's for Lydia)

    Good luck getting this figured out. I hate having to be patient when it comes to the health and happiness of our children. We want them happy NOW!

    ReplyDelete