Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Lydia's Baptism

Lydia will be baptized on June 21st (Father's Day) in Forest Lake at Faith Lutheran Church at the 10:30 worship service. We are very glad that this worked out, because we will be in Minnesota for my college roommate Anna's wedding celebration. Most of our family lives in the Midwest, so a Minnesota baptism seemed like a good bet. She will be baptized in the church where we were married and by the same minister, which I think is really cool--I have known the pastor since I was in Kindergarten. She will also be wearing a gown handmade by her Great-Grandmother Laqua and Great Aunts Karen and Phyllis. (Did I forget anybody?) Lots and lots of hours have been put into the gown, and I can't wait to see it!! We asked our very close friends Mike and Brittany to be Lydia's godparents. They are very important people in our lives, and we know they'll be important to Lydia, too!

Of course, all friends and family are welcome to come!

1 comment: