Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Nope. No news yet.

This is how my parents answer the telephone. It seems everyone is anxiously awaiting Baby G.'s arrival. I am also realizing that there really is very little I can do to rush the whole process; as our doula says, babies will be born on their birthdays. Last night, I started getting frequent Braxton-Hicks-like contractions--five in one hour. We went for a walk hoping that would push things along, but then they stopped. Shoot.

Yesterday, I had a doctor's appointment. She saw no progress, but tried to encourage me with the words, "At least you know that the most you would have to go is two more weeks." (March 23rd is our induction deadline.) I almost started crying. Those two weeks seem like decades. I seriously had a moment yesterday that left me wondering if all of this is one ridiculous joke, that there's not really a baby, just some crazy thing squirming around in my abdomen. As a result, I am trying to focus on the positives.

1.) Today I am going to see my maternity photos! I am very excited about this!
2.) My long-term sub started today, so I am officially done teaching for a very long time.
3.) My parents are here, which means fun little outings and surprises. (Yesterday's surprise was a pair of chairs for our back patio.)
4.) My lunch date with myself at Maru (a sushi restaurant near our house) is fast approaching. I have decided this will be where Baby G. goes for her first "lunch." I really miss their dragon rolls.
5.) Robin surprised me with DVR. It is already revolutionizing the way I watch television. My friend Casey said it would change our lives. I think he is right. 
6.) One of my administrators gave us a gift certificate to Soup Peddler, a local food delivery service to use after the baby arrives. We have never tried Soup Peddler, and I am looking forward to it!
7.) Shortly after Baby G.'s arrival, she will meet her new friend Oliver, who is scheduled to arrival in April. First friends are exciting!
8.) I am thinking about doing Boot Camp this summer in an effort to ditch the baby weight. I am really excited to start working out in general, even if most of this working out involves a stroller.

No comments:

Post a Comment