Friday, March 20, 2009

One great night and one explosive first!

Lydia is sleeping really well. So well, in fact, that we have to set a timer and wake her up to make sure she eats often enough during the night. It seems she likes to stock up and feed every 1 to 1 1/2 hrs. in the hours preceding the evening and then will sleep for really long stretches. For the first two weeks, babies have to eat at least every four hours, so this means some antics on Robin's and my part. It is wonderful to feel rested, though!

This morning in order to wake her up enough to nurse, Robin and I gave her a bath. We have given her baths before, but this one was special. Why? Because immediately following, after Robin had wrapped her in a towel and was bringing her to the nursery for a diaper, Lydia had an explosive, shall we say, elimination. All over Robin. This was our first and it happened before 9 AM. I have to say Robin handled it very well.

Another exciting first is that I buttoned a pair of my favorite jeans. On my body. They definitely don't fit the same way they did pre-Lydia, but I am pretty pumped! I feel a little embarrassed for posting a photo, but seriously, the moment those pants buttoned felt like Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment